(Senior) User / Market Researcher
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As part of our newly found research team you will be responsible to support customer-centric decision-making at Jimdo. You will conduct qualitative and quantitative research to provide a deep understanding of the behaviors and needs of our customers. You are keen to evangelize customer research and user-centered thinking throughout the company.
- Planning, designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects for various stakeholders at Jimdo (e.g. Surveys, User Interviews, Usability Tests etc.)
- Collaborate closely with product and marketing teams to understand their research needs and recommend the right type of research with regard to research and business goals and resources
- Provide actionable research insights and recommendations that directly impact design decisions and strategic planning
- Modeling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizational understanding of our users (e.g. through presentations and workshops)
- Guide product teams, designers and other stakeholders to do their own research
- Create competitor analysis from a product perspective
- Work closely together with our data department to integrate findings from primary research with results from testing and data analysis
- You have at least 2 years experience in User Research, Market Research or a related field
- Background in user-centered product development, User Experience, Design Thinking or Marketing
- Hands-on experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects end-to-end in-house and together with external agencies (e.g. user testing, ethnographic research, survey design, competitor analysis etc.)
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative research data and reveal actionable consumer insights
- You are strong at communicating user needs to stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs
- You are fluent in German and English
Elena will be happy to receive your application in English or German and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.