Head of Finance
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As a part of the extended management group reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, you will work alongside the Executive Team on all key commercial and strategic initiatives. You will offer insights and data to inform decisions, avoid lost opportunities, and generate benefits to add value wherever possible.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or work permanently remotely from any location.
- Serve as strategic financial partner to the executive leadership team by producing actionable insights from data-driven analysis to assist in making decisions grounded in sound financial criteria.
- Ownership of treasury, accounting, controlling, planning, reporting, compliance, investor relations, risk management, and taxation.
- Work closely with company leaders supporting to develop the strategic roadmap for the company by assisting in identifying new opportunities and managing all aspects of financial assessment including forecasting, ROI and performance measurement, and capital allocation and funding requirements
- Serving as the voice of the company on all aspects related to overall financial performance, effectively communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, manage, and level up—if necessary—the current Finance function according to Jimdo’s vision.
- You are fluent in English and German.
- You have a recognized accounting qualification, a University degree or an applied science degree. An MBA is desirable.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- You have elite financial acumen with a background in strategic finance at a large, data-driven SaaS company.
- You have experience working in growth equity and private equity environments.
- Experience contributing significantly to a high-growth situation is very desirable.
- You can react quickly within a fast-paced business with many moving parts.
- You can analyze business performance effectively and “extract simplicity from complexity.”
- You are confident using modeling and broader statistical analysis to help inform business decisions.
- You can demonstrate experience of implementing and improving performance management (KPIs) and automation.
- You have proven experience leading contractual and legal negotiations, including dealing with authorities.
- You are a strong presence who can unite a team under a clear vision.
- You have experience making challenging decisions with incomplete data and understanding the risks.
- You present yourself confidently, always speaking clearly and with conviction.
- You are comfortable putting organizational structures in place and have ideas on how to develop a finance organization within a high-growth company.
At Jimdo we are ready to start working with new colleagues as soon as possible. Even though we can not do the onboarding process in the office as we normally would, we will still make sure that you get a thorough online and virtual onboarding, and help you feel like you are part of the team from day one.
Elena will be happy to receive your application.