Full Stack Developer – Marketing Tooling
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As an Engineering team working closely with Marketing, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. As a young team we learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for our users and for Jimdo itself.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
- Implement new web apps, sites, and tools that help us serve and connect better with our users.
- Help improve and automate team tools and infrastructure.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Mentor and train team members about development practices.
- Take initiative to have the team and Jimdo Marketing make it easier for our users to get what they need.
- You enjoy and have experience building web applications.
- You are comfortable working in different parts of the stack.
- You have excellent software development skills in multiple languages and environments (preferably Node.js and Java/Kotlin, also Python or Go).
- You have experience with version control (notably Git).
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL).
Nice to have
- You have DevOps experience, and experience building and running production systems.
- You have experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
Jens is looking forward to receiving your application and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.