Team Lead Data Engineering
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
We are a driven, enthusiastic and international team of over 220 employees that values commitment and openness. We’re inspired every day by our customers’ drive and entrepreneurial spirit, and this pushes us to set the highest standard for ourselves and our product.
We are looking for a Team Lead for our Data Engineering team. The team currently consists of three employees and its goal is to take our data infrastructure to the next level. The role will require you to work 70%-80% of your time on Data Engineering tasks and 20%-30% of your time on leading the team. If you are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions, then we're eager to get to know you.
- Manage the Data Engineering team through mentoring its members, plan the roadmap, prioritize tasks and own the hiring process
- Shape and execute a technological mid and long term vision for data engineering with the team
- Provide data in a reliable and efficient way to our stakeholders by keeping the data warehouse and all incoming and outgoing data streams running and up to date
- Help improving our product by finding and implementing new ways of using data
- Research and implement a new and advanced tech stack
- Build and improve software solutions to support the work of Data Analysts and other teams in their daily work
- Define processes and contracts for providing clean and unified data
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Backend Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering and first experience in leading people
- You enjoy leading and motivating people and are eager to share your knowledge
- You have good understanding of the business and how data helps making decisions and drives revenue
- You have knowledge and experience in distributed systems (e.g. Kafka) and database architecture
- You have skills in building and maintaining software components and infrastructure, especially AWS Stack
- You have demonstrated ability to process complex information and dependencies in a continuously evolving environment
- You have strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- You have a positive attitude towards problem solving and focus on automation and simplicity
- You have the ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks
Tom will be happy to receive your application in English and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.