Copywriter and UX Writer
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
Jimdo has a passionate team of around 200 people in Hamburg and Tokyo. We value teamwork, openness, and mutual support. Join us if you’re looking for a driven, enthusiastic, and diverse international team. Each of us is an expert in our field, and together we strive to achieve the best possible results for our customers.
As an English Copywriter and UX Writer, you will work closely with our Content Editors, Product Teams, and Translation Coordinator. You will be responsible for writing clear, compelling American English product text, marketing copy, and customer communications. You will also provide original text that will then be translated into our 8 supported languages. You have an eagle-eye for detail, empathy for customers, and you can communicate technical information in a friendly, conversational tone.
- As English Content Editor/Copywriter you create clear and effective product texts that our customers will love on a regular basis.
- You plan and execute the delivery of high-quality content for our website templates.
- Work closely with and inspire Jimdo’s team of writers and designers, helping them create, execute, and translate the best, most creative content ideas across Jimdo’s 8 languages.
- You’ll explain complicated topics and technical features in a way that’s easy for “non-tech” people to understand for our customer guides, conversations and pieces of advice.
- You’ll write copy for SEO purposes in close contact with the responsible team
- Shape, share and continuously improve a distinct voice and tone in Jimdo’s writing
- English native speaker with 3-5 years of experience creating enjoyable, innovative, and effective content, as well as a portfolio of published work.
- Ability to write in a light, playful tone while still communicating clear messages.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to consistently stick to our Style Guide. You love catching and fixing errors when you see them!
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- Experience working in the tech industry is a plus.
- You are available daily, ca. 20 hours a week until February 2019.
- You can work remotely or inhouse.
Eike will be happy to receive your application! You'll need to submit a resume, a cover letter, and 3 American English writing samples that you find relevant for the position.