Team Lead - Market Research
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
We are a driven, enthusiastic and international team of over 220 employees that values commitment and openness. We’re inspired every day by our customers’ drive and entrepreneurial spirit, and this pushes us to set the highest standard for ourselves and our product.
As a Team Lead - Market Research, you are the first team member of our newly created Market Research team and responsible for building up a small team. The goal of the team, which is part of the data department, is to enrich the decision making in other departments by providing insights mostly from external sources. In the beginning, the main stakeholder will be the product teams, but the goal is to also provide marketing, finance, and support with competitor, finance and market research data.
If you are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions and have a results-driven personality, then we're eager to get to know you.
- Build up a market research team at Jimdo as the team lead
- Create and maintain a “factbook” that contains all our internal learnings as well as relevant market data
- Create competitor analysis from a product as well as from a marketing and finance perspective and stay up to date on the latest development of our competitors
- Discover and identify product gaps and drive teams to implement global and local product enhancements
- Seek and provide information to help our company determine its position in the marketplace
- Support product in research for new verticals
- Provide research to better understand our existing as well as our target customers
- 3+ years of dedicated experience in market research, data analytics, or business development as well as first experience in leading people
- Excellent product understanding
- Hands-on experience performing evaluative and formative qualitative research methods
- Very good understanding of Software-as-a-Service and its implications
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, especially the ability to convert quantitative data into actionable research insights for stakeholders
- Good financial knowledge to evaluate the performance of our competitors
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
Tom will be happy to receive your application in German or English and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.