At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As the Engineering Manager of one of our engineering teams, you are part of the Product department and responsible for the development, maintenance, and technical vision of the Jimdo Dolphin product. You lead a cross-functional team and collaborate with developers, designers, and product management.
- You manage a cross-functional team and mentor its members in regards to their engineering efforts, collaboration, and personal development
- You are the technical sparring partner of the product owner and help to prioritize topics
- You collaborate with other engineers in the team on code, take part in code reviews, and participate in technical discussions
- You facilitate technical planning and help the team to break down features into technical tasks
- You coordinate team efforts, resolve impediments, and represent the team within the company
- You are responsible for the hiring process for the team and conduct interviews with potential new team members
- You ensure that the team and you are continually learning, improving processes, and strive for efficiency
- You have at least five years experience as a software engineer
- You have 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- You enjoy translating business requirements into technical solutions and can do so in a diverse environment
- You see your job as continually improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
Elena will be happy to receive your application and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.