Team Lead - Cloud Infrastructure
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary. Jimdo uses the power of AI to deliver a fully personalized website, we focus on enabling anyone to create a customized online presence with an online store, blog, portfolio or business website. Together we’ve helped our users create over 25 million websites around the world and empowered them to drive their businesses further in the digital field. We have offices in Hamburg, Munich, and Tokyo, all of whom share the same goal: help users share their passions and build something truly great.
We are a driven, enthusiastic and international team of over 220 employees that values commitment, joined success and openness. We’re inspired every day by our customers’ drive and entrepreneurial spirit, and this pushes us to set the highest standard for ourselves and our product.
As the Team Lead - Cloud Infrastructure, you are part of the Tech leadership group, responsible for the maintenance, development, and innovation of our business infrastructure landscape to enable product engineering teams to operate their services and bring fast and reliable products to our Jimdo customers. You lead a team of 4-5 engineers, which we are scaling up at the moment and closely collaborate with other engineering teams (their users). The mission of the role is to provide expert knowledge, drive operational excellence, and automate processes to ease up production for internal and external usage. The Team Lead reports to the VP Product.
- You take ownership in moving forward Jimdo’s maturing Site Reliability Engineering culture where everyone is deeply focused on service maturity, live site reliability, and modern engineering principles
- You collaborate with other product engineering teams to improve the reliability, quality, performance, and availability of the product
- You enhance and develop our in-house Platform-as-a-Service that powers our products (hands-on development)
- You mentor, grow and lead the team to constantly bring expertise to a new level
- You actively participate in hiring to deliver best and diverse potential to the organization
- You are driven and passionate about operational excellence
- You see your job as continually improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
- You have at least two years of experience as an engineering manager/lead
- You have at least five years experience as a software engineer
- You have made use of cloud technologies, like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- You have substantial knowledge in developing and running production systems
- You have experience working with relational and NoSQL Databases
Nice to have
- You have knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You have experience working with Go
- You have experience with monitoring systems, e.g. Prometheus
Janine will be happy to receive your application in English or German and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.