Senior Marketing Designer
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieving what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location where you are permitted to work from. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
We will support you in case you would like to relocate to Germany.
- Create outstanding design to help us promote our brand and its tools that empower small businesses to build their online presence and achieve success
-Online ad creatives (owned and paid social, GDN)
-Creative conception in close cooperation with copywriters
-Creatives for other on- and offline communication channels
-Conception and design of various Landing pages for our products, our brand, campaigns and performance purposes
(internal documents, presentations)
- Work closely with other designers, copywriters, user researchers, engineers, data analysts and project managers in a collaborative space to deliver the best ideas, user experience and design
- Ensure a high-quality design by continuously giving and soliciting feedback from other designers and stakeholders
- Continue to refine your craft through collaboration within a diverse team
- Solve problems by generating and iterating on multiple solutions
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing design, with a proven track record of success
- Experience working within cross-functional teams, leveraging data and qualitative feedback, to manage the design of marketing material from idea to release with an iterative approach
- Experience with mobile video, performance driven creative formats, performance landing pages and conversion opt. design testing
- Experience in collaboration with developers
- Passionating about trying new ideas, channels and designs, challenging communications and ideas, creative and conceptional mindset
- Proaction to identify opportunities to improve ideas, communications and design, see customer needs and understand our business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German (best case German native with advertising background)
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to create change that positively impacts ideas, design and teams
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects at once
- You have experience working with qualitative and quantitative user data
- Experience with Design Systems and design tools like Figma
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring junior designers (is a plus)
Mariela would be happy to receive your application.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.