Human Resources Business Partner (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever you choose to work from, we will make sure you get a proper onboarding (virtual or in person), so that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
As our HR Business Partner you will work closely with our business leaders to help each of them to design and implement initiatives that will significantly impact our fast-growing company. You will work on various people topics, including performance management, employee engagement and retention, leadership coaching, diversity & inclusion, organisational design, succession planning, team development. You will serve as a critical bridge between the business and People Team, working directly with managers and our tech senior leadership team as a strategic partner, trusted guide, performance coach and change agent. You will be part of the People team management reporting to the Head of People.
- Understand business strategy and priorities. Partner with business leaders to deliver key people & business initiatives.
- Own the people strategy of the department/function supported.
- Train Managers on talent management and performance management elements as well as other HR related questions such as compensation, development, and recruiting.
- Gather data from HR systems and develop insights and custom data analysis to define further actions.
- Actively participating in change management processes where required.
- Drive department/function wide people & culture review and strategy.
- Work with business and People team leadership to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention, employee experience,employee engagement etc to develop strategy to improve the HR processes.
- Work with managers and employees to address employee relations issues from standard inquiry to complex problems.
- Lead and/or support HR projects.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably within a company in IT/digital industry
- You have proven knowledge of external practices, trends and tools used in HR
- You combine strong conceptual thinking with a hands-on and pragmatic style
- You have the ability to use analytical and experiential data for decision making
- You have strong project management skills and you are able to set priorities well
- You display integrity and diplomacy whilst being persistent in reaching results
- You work effectively in collaboration with others
- You have fluent English skills
Nice to have
- You speak fluent German
- You have deep knowledge and understanding of German labor legislation
Fareed will be happy to receive your application in English or in German.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.