Software Engineer - Frontend
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
Jimdo has a passionate team of around 200 people in Hamburg and Tokyo. We value teamwork, openness, and mutual support. Join us if you’re looking to for a driven, enthusiastic, and diverse international team.
We are looking for engaged and motivated Software Engineers to join one of our engineering teams. We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of Jimdo. Each of us is an expert in our field, and together we strive to achieve the best possible results for our customers.
What you'll do
- Implement new features that help users to successfully hare their business, projects and ideas. That’s what they love about us!
- Develop seamless web experiences that are clean, pragmatic, and forward-thinking.
- Work closely with product management, design and other engineering teams to understand needs and improve the customer experience.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who you are
- You enjoy and have experience building web applications professionally
- Understanding of basic interface design / UX
- Proven experience with styling applications with HTML, CSS/SASS/SCSS/LESS
Nice to have
- Experience with frontend development tools like Webpack, Grunt, or Gulp
- Has experience with end-to-end testing (cucumber, ghost inspector, ...)
- You have experience building and running production systems
Tobias is looking forward to receive your application.