Software Engineer - Backend
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
- Implement new features that help users to successfully share their business, projects and ideas. That’s what they love about us!
- Enrich the Jimdo products by designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- You enjoy and have at least 5 years of professional experience building web applications
- You are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- You have excellent software development skills in multiple languages and environments (for example Java/Kotlin, NodeJS, Python, Go)
- You have experience building and running production systems
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB)
Nice to have
- You have experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Simon is looking forward to receive your application and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.