Software Engineer - Backend
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
Jimdo has a passionate team of around 200 people in Hamburg and Tokyo. We value teamwork, openness, and mutual support. Join us if you’re looking to for a driven, enthusiastic, and diverse international team.
We are looking for engaged and motivated Software Engineers to join one of our engineering teams. We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of Jimdo. Each of us is an expert in our field, and together we strive to achieve the best possible results for our customers.
What you'll do
- Implement new features that help users to successfully hare their business, projects and ideas. That’s what they love about us!
- Enrich the Jimdo products by designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who you are
- You enjoy and have experience building web applications professionally
- You are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- You have experience building and running production systems
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB)
Nice to have
- You have experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
Paul and Simon are looking forward to receive your application!