Our mission is to create an exceptional user experience by matching our knowledge of customer needs with the latest technology in order to create a professional online representation of their brand and to guide our customers to success. On a worldwide scale, the opportunity for providing do-it-yourself websites is tremendous and Jimdo seeks to be the number one provider. Users from all over the world have already created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Everyone of us is an expert in what we do and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users’ success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
As a Business Analyst you will join Jimdo’s cross-functional Business Intelligence Team. We are giving recommendation for actions based on data, helping other departments in answering questions and improving the quality of our data. Our goal is to ensure data-driven decision making within Jimdo.
Your major areas of responsibility will include:
- You are responsible for data analytics: Conduct in-depth analytics to derive insights that identify opportunities and improvements for marketing, product and our business model
- Identify trends and patterns that could give us new insights about possible improvements and new business opportunities
- You have a very good understanding of our business model and know how to connect that knowledge to our company goals
- You are going to answer ad-hoc questions from different departments and drive better decision making by generating new insights from data for stakeholders and management
- You create and maintain reports and dashboards
- You have a good overview of the tasks and goals from other departments and how they are contributing to the goals and success of Jimdo
- You have a BS in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent experience
- You are passionate about data and have at least 2 years of experience in data analysis and visualization
- You have gained first knowledge in a finance department or have theoretical knowledge of the most important finance-KPIs
- You have good knowledge and experience in a data visualization tool (preferable Tableau) and Excel
- You easily form and improve complex SQL queries
- You are able to spot implausibilities in data and question them
- You quickly grasp on new context and are capable of communicating complex information in a simple and concise way
- You speak English fluently
Following skills are appreciated but not mandatory:
- You have experience within a SaaS company and knowledge of the business model
- You have knowledge of Python, R or similar statistic software
- You have experience in ETL-jobs and the workflow of a dwh
Tom is looking forward to receiving your application!