Site Reliability Engineer
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As a result of a growing engineering organization and the necessity to support more diverse business and engineering needs, Jimdo founded a new group of engineering teams that focus on engineering effectiveness.
The Reliability Team is a group of experts around operating high-traffic systems. They consult and educate engineering teams across Jimdo to ensure high-availability, scalable, and resilient products. They strive for a close collaboration between engineering teams to achieve maximum business value.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the engineering team to define best-practices and goals around availability.
- Design, build and operate tooling to address common operations challenges.
- Educate and consult engineering teams on designing, building and operating maintainable, scalable, and reliable backend systems.
- Be responsible for the overall system’s health.
- Debug production issues across multiple services and levels of the stack.
What We Value
- Jimdo's success is rooted in no small part in consequently using state-of-the-art cloud services. We are looking for engineers that have a solid grasp of cloud technologies and have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- More than 150 million users access our services every day. It is our first- and foremost duty to ensure industry-leading uptime and as little impact as possible when things don't go as planned. You fit right in when you have worked in this environment before and share the same values.
- A track record of diagnosing problems within complex systems
- We leverage different technologies and languages depending on the problem we try to solve, so we value people who are able to pick up new languages when necessary. Right now Go is our default choice.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action.
Simon is looking forward to receiving your application and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.