Team Lead - Business Intelligence
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
Jimdo has a passionate team of around 200 people in Hamburg and Tokyo. We value teamwork, openness, and mutual support. Join us if you’re looking to for a driven, enthusiastic, and diverse international team. Each of us is an expert in our field, and together we strive to achieve the best possible results for our customers.
The Business Intelligence Team is part of the data department and is located at the Jimdo Headquarter in the beautiful city of Hamburg. The main goal of the BI-Team is to enable data driven decision making at Jimdo. This requires clean structured data and precise definitions of our KPIs as well as measuring the performance of the business, creating reports and doing ad-hoc analysis. The team works closely together with the product intelligence and data engineering team, but also with other departments, particularly with marketing.
As the new team lead Business Intelligence you will bring domain knowledge and experience to a diverse team and contribute to the understanding and usage of data throughout the company.
- You guide and mentor your international team members to enable them to grow
- You create concepts on how to provide coherent data across different systems
- You and your team will take care of our business KPI definitions and ensure that they are measuring our goals and describe our business model
- You are responsible for data analytics: Gain new insights and find potential marketing and product improvements as well as business opportunities
- You ensure that processes with other departments are explicit and new insights are communicated
- You have a good overview of the tasks and goals from other departments and how they are contributing to the goals and success of Jimdo
- You have 3+ years of job experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics and preferably 1+ years of leadership experience
- You enjoy leading and motivating people and are eager to share your knowledge
- You have a good understanding on the structure of a dwh and are motivated to provide coherent data across different platforms
- You are able to process, unite, compress, clean, transform and evaluate big data sets with appropriate tools and methods
- You have knowledge and experience in a data visualization tool (we are using Tableau - experience with PowerBI, Microstrategy, Qlik or a similar tool would be fine, too) as well as in improving complex SQL queries
- You have a very good understanding of our business model as well as a solid understanding of how performance marketing works and is tracked
- You are passionate about driving growth through analyzing data and identifying trends and patterns to improve clicks, conversion and revenue
Nice to have
- You already worked in a SaaS / Freemium product environment
- You have very good Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager skills
- You have an excellent understanding on how marketing attribution works
- You have knowledge of Python, R or similar statistic software
Tom Schmüser will be happy to receive your application!