Design Lead (Product)
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieving what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
Your mission as the Design Lead (Product), together with your team of 4-6 Product Designers, is to provide our customers with industry-leading user experience and interfaces for all the products of Jimdo to support small businesses as good as possible.
- As the product design lead you will shape the UX/UI and the growth of JIMDO’s products collaborating closely with your design team, developers, product managers, and management. You will be responsible for design creation that guarantees first in class customer experiences at all our product touchpoints.
- You manage and enable the group of product designers to produce high-quality and customer-focused products.
- You set up efficient design processes and communicate and set standards for User Experience and User Interface across all product teams
- You present and discuss your work and ideas with stakeholders and management
- You have 2 or more years of experience in leading design teams
- You already worked in software development and are familiar with common practices in this field.
- You work autonomously, collaboratively and take ownership of your projects from beginning to end and you are willing to take on a wide range of different tasks and projects.
- You always want to produce the best result in balancing customer and business needs.
- You are in love with digital products, customer and business needs. This means that you are pragmatic about prioritizing projects and able to balance the trade-offs between done and perfect whilst maintaining a high bar for quality.
- A clear communicator who can effectively explain design principles and concepts to the wider team.
- You are comfortable giving, seeking, and receiving thoughtful critical feedback to raise the bar of the quality of our product design.
- You need to be proficient in common design tools like Sketch, Figma, invasion etc.
Elena will be happy to receive your application in English or German and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.