Data Analyst - Finance
Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 20 million websites around the world.
We are a driven, enthusiastic and international team of over 220 employees that values commitment and openness. We’re inspired every day by our customers’ drive and entrepreneurial spirit, and this pushes us to set the highest standard for ourselves and our product.
As Data Analyst - Finance you are part of the Controlling team at Jimdo, which belongs to the data department. The goal of the Controlling team is to recognize developments at Jimdo and in the market early on and identify the main growth driver for the company. For this, we create forecasts and business cases and give guidance about the development. We are also the go-to team for all finance-related questions and take ownership of typical controlling tasks such as budgeting and P&L creation.
- You are responsible for our monthly forecast with a focus on revenue
- You create business models to evaluate different growth initiatives that are used by the management as a basis for their decision-making
- You have an excellent understanding of our business model and our KPIs to identify trends and patterns that could give us new insights about possible improvements and new business opportunities
- You are going to answer ad-hoc questions from different departments and drive better decision making by generating new insights from data for stakeholders and management
- You create and maintain financial reports and dashboards
- You support in the budget planning as well as in the target/actual comparison
- You have a good overview of the tasks and goals from other departments and how they are contributing to the goals and success of Jimdo
- You are passionate about data and have at least 3 years of experience in data analysis and finance
- In your previous jobs, you were already responsible for the company forecast and enjoyed creating business cases as well as answering “what happens if”-questions
- You have basic knowledge in Accounting and can create a P&L as well as a Cash-Flow calculation
- You have excellent knowledge in Excel, good visualization skills (preferable in Tableau) and at least basic knowledge in SQL
- You quickly grasp on new context and are capable of communicating complex information in a simple and concise way
- You speak English fluently
Nice to have
- You have experience within a SaaS company and knowledge of the business model
- You have knowledge of InforBI and/or Python, R or similar statistic software
- You have experience in (financial) competitor analysis
Tom will be happy to receive your application in German or English and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.