Reporting & Data Visualization Manager (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As a Reporting & Data Visualization Manager (m/f/d) within the Analytics Team you will aim to improve our Reporting solution Tableau and how it is being used within Jimdo. The role will focus on creating solutions around Reporting, Tableau, Visual Analytics & Information Design, which will be applied throughout the whole company.
We are looking for an expert in this area, who can use his experience and skillset to drive Reporting at Jimdo to a whole new level. The Reporting & Data Visualization Manager (m/f/d) will have two direct reports (Junior Tableau Expert & Junior Data Viz Expert) forming a specialized unit within our Analytics team.
If you are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions and have a results-driven personality, then we’re eager to get to know you.
- Be an expert on Tableau Desktop, set best practices, guidelines, standards and templates for all Analysts in the company to use and advocate the benefits and usage of them
- Be an expert on Tableau Desktop, set best practices, guidelines, standards & templates for all Analysts in the company to use and advocate the benefits & usage of them
- Tableau Server Administration, including Licensing, User Accounts, Permissions, Extracts, Performance, Schedules, Folder Structure, Errors, Alarms, …
- Create and advocate Visualization Guidelines and Templates to optimize how we share information and how it is being consumed throughout Jimdo
- Your responsibilities are a team effort, work close together with your 2 direct reports, be a mentor to them and look to develop them further
- Act as a sparring partner and consultant for all Analysts and everybody at Jimdo who wants to work with Tableau or any sort of information/visualization
- Stay up to date with new Tableau developments, visualization trends and constantly evaluate and develop Jimdo’s reporting solution further
- Together with your team members own financial and general company-wide reports (all reports which are stretching outside of a specific product team or include various departments, plus Finance and Controlling reports)
- 4+ years of experience working in Reporting
- Extensive detailed knowledge around Tableau Desktop & Tableau Server
- Data Visualization is more than a word for you, seeing a Pie Chart will make you feel uncomfortable and looking at a 3D Bar Chart willcause nightmares
- Being able to work on more abstract concepts, guidelines & standards with the ability to apply everything to our specific needs at Jimdo
- You have a good business understanding, ideally in a SaaS / Freemium environment
- First experience in line management is a nice to have, but this role is a perfect stepping stone to develop from a technical expert into a line manager
Andre will be happy to receive your application in English or German.
We hire for several positions within our data department at the moment, please have a read through
the other positions as
well and feel free to let us know about all positions that would interest you, 1 application is enough and we’ll consider you for the others as well.
At Jimdo we are ready to start working with new colleagues as soon as possible. Even though we can’t do the onboarding process in the office as we normally would, we will still make sure that you get a thorough online and virtual onboarding, and to help you feel like you are a part of the team from day one.
It is not a limitation if you don’t live in Germany right now. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the boarders are reopened and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.