Senior Software Developer, Payment & Billing
The Payment & Billing team builds the technology for all financial transactions between our customers and Jimdo. We operate at all levels of the stack: we take ownership for a flawless checkout process, the API and processor integrations that send payment instructions to our partners and the subscription billing & renewal engine that automatically charges Jimdo customers.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Developer to join our team in Hamburg. We are working together in an autonomous team that takes full responsibility for their own part of the Jimdo ecosystem. From maintenance work to green-field projects we are tackling a variety of exciting topics within our domain. We value people who aren’t constraint to particular technologies and are eager to learn new things, as well as good communication skills.
What you'll do
- Build and operate a large-scale payment platform processing millions of transactions.
- Enhance our subscription billing and renewal engine.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Own and enhance the checkout process for a flawless customers experience.
- Make a technical process like a domain registration or transfer an easy experience for our users.
- A lot of pair programming - we love it!
Who you are
- You enjoy and have experience building APIs
- You are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- You have experience building and running production systems
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- You are proficient in the English and German language, spoken and written
- Bonus: You have prior experience with financial, accounting or payment systems
- Bonus: You have experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)