(Senior) Marketing Analyst
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As a (Senior) Marketing Analyst, you are part of Jimdo’s cross-functional Data Team at the Jimdo Headquarter in the beautiful city of Hamburg. We are a diverse team with broad domain knowledge and experience. Our mission is to foster the understanding and usage of data throughout the company and enable data-driven decision making.
You will work closely together with various teams from our Marketing Department and help them analyze and evaluate their actions & ideas better.
- You are the domain expert and owner of Marketing Analytics & Marketing Data
- Your stakeholders consist of Performance Marketing, Content Marketing, CRM, Affiliation, Partners, PR & Design
- You are responsible for our Marketing Reporting in Tableau, which is mainly based on AWS Redshift, and will continuously look to improve it while assuring data quality
- Understand the problems & challenges of the Marketing department to generate actionable insights & meaningful analytics from our Marketing data
- Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook, Braze or Impact will be secondary data sources for you and you’ll build up knowledge around these tools to be able to support stakeholders with data driven insights or suggestions
- 3+ years of experience in Analytics / Business Intelligence, ideally in Marketing Analytics
- You have a solid understanding of how marketing data is generated in the frontend or through third-party services and how it should be processed afterwards
- You easily form and improve complex SQL queries
- Experience using Tableau (PowerBI, Qlik or equivalent visualization software)
- Dependencies between KPIs like cost per lead, customer lifetime value and ROI are obvious to you and don’t need further explanation
- You effectively communicate complex matters and requirements to non-domain experts in a simple, crisp and concise way - visually and verbally
- You are creative, organized. self-motivated and proactive. You enjoy sitting close to the business and making an impact
Nice to have
- You have a Marketing background
- You have experience working on and/or improving attribution models
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adwords, CRM or Impact
- Experience with A/B Testing & statistical knowledge
- You have knowledge of Python, R or similar statistic software
- You already worked in a SaaS / Freemium product Environment
Andre will be happy to receive your application in English or German and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.