Jimdo is the easiest and fastest way to create a website with no coding knowledge necessary! With a simple, intuitive interface, Jimdo enables anyone to create a customized online presence with a blog, portfolio, business website, or online store. Together we’ve helped our users create over 25 million websites around the world.
We are a driven, enthusiastic, an international team of over 220 employees that values commitment and openness. We’re inspired every day by our customers’ drive and entrepreneurial spirit, and this pushes us to set the highest standard for ourselves and our product.
As the Engineering Manager of one of our engineering teams, you are part of the Product department and responsible for the development, maintenance, and technical vision of the Jimdo Dolphin product. You lead a cross-functional team and collaborate with developers, designers, and product management. The mission of the team is to provide first-time sellers with an e-commerce solution that’s the quickest and easiest to set up and manage.
- You manage a cross-functional team and mentor its members in regards to their engineering efforts, collaboration, and personal development
- You are the technical sparring partner of the product owner and help to prioritize topics
- You collaborate with other engineers in the team on code, take part in code reviews, and participate in technical discussions
- You facilitate technical planning and help the team to break down features into technical tasks
- You coordinate team efforts, resolve impediments, and represent the team within the company
- You are responsible for the hiring process for the team and conduct interviews with potential new team members
- You ensure that the team and you are continually learning, improving processes, and strive for efficiency
- You have at least five years experience as a software engineer
- You have 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- You enjoy translating business requirements into technical solutions and can do so in a diverse environment
- You see your job as continually improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
Janine will be happy to receive your application and if you have questions regarding the application process, you might find the answer in our FAQ.